Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Moving!!

The faculty and staff had a blood borne pathogen training (every year) and oh, has it become a graphic video!! (This is why I teach instead!) Then we had to empty all the hallways into our classrooms. That would have been a great thing except we have no tile on our floors!!
So for 2 straight hours, we moved desks, boxes, file cabinets, chairs, storage closets, books, you name it. What a super faculty we have!!!
After that 5 of us went to lunch at Sambino's. That's our Italian restaurant that just opened at the old location of our Heavenly Ham. The stuffed shells and garlic rolls were awesome!!
Then back to work to clean everything off. I did that for an hour, helped others with technology problems, and had Bruce come and help me start hanging my red, white and blue flags around the classroom. I'm so glad I took a lot of things home. I will move in a little at a time. They are tearing up our hallways floors this weekend, so I'm not going over then. Tomorrow we go to Patriot Hall for our welcome back program, then MIGHT have to go to a Math workshop. Back to school for a couple of hours. It takes so long to put a classroom back up once you take everything down. One of our 3rd grade teachers had to move to another room, but now we are all three next to each other, so that will be good. Orientation is on Monday and the kids come Tuesday, but my room will be sparsely decorated.
Tonight Bruce and I went to Chili's and ate a meal. I've been eating lighter, but tonight with all the moving, etc., I was ready to eat.
Watched the Olympics again tonight. Getting ready to watch the men's all around gymnastics. I love watching beach volleyball and miss playing it.
Don't miss this video! The Sprint guy in yellow is so our Mike Brady!!!
And this video really reminds me of Brandon!! (Guy on the left)
Ha! Ha!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I wish I had cable...I miss the Olympics. :(

Unknown said...

Wish I was going to a school to teach. I'm stuck at a dead-end desk job! Argh....